Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fighting Strategies

One of the many gender stereotypes that I have run across during my dating experiences is that men and women have very different ways they go about a disagreement. I have narrowed it down to these five key points from both a male and female perspective.

                    MEN
       1. Somehow they always find a way to turn the story around to make it appear as if this all began with you.

  • ex.  "The reason why I yelled at you is because you weren't listening to me all night long."                                                                or...
  • ex. "I didn't mean to sleep with Shaniqua, but you weren't there for me emotionally and she was the only one I could turn to."


2.They find away to make YOU think that YOU are the one that is over-reacting and or being crazy.

  • ex. "Baby it was only a joke, clearly you need to reevaluate your own insecurities."
  •  ex. "Woah crazy, lets take it down a notch, when I said we should take a break clearly I meant from the situation."
3. When these two fail we leap into their tactic of self pity
  • ex. "You're right I am such an awful person. I hate what I've done. You shouldn't be friends with a guy like me. I'm a lost cause." (Begin man tears)
4. Try to sweep things under the rug without ever apologizing. 
  • ex. "I just want things to go back to the way they were. Wanna come over and cuddle?"
  • ex."Let's make love not war."
5. And finally if all else fails, they turn up the heat. 
  • ex. "God I'm so angry, but all I want to do is take you home and have my way with you. "
  • ex. "Is all this anger turning you on too?"


Women on the other hand have their own fighting tricks as well. (Guilty)

1. Silent treatment

  • ex. You know you messed up so now instead of telling you why I am mad and working it out I am going to let you stew about it for at least the next few hours. 
2. Use a threat
  • ex. "I'm never talking to you again!"
  • ex. "And if you think that we are having sex tonight you are dead wrong mister!"
3. Play the Victim- that is if none of these have brought him to his knees to apologize.
  • ex. "How could you say those cruel things to me when all I have ever done is love you!
4. Indifference and acceptance (Be the calm and rational one in the relationship)
  • ex. "Well if that's how you truly feel, I guess I can understand. I am so sorry things had to end this way." (Single tear)
  • ex. "We aren't healthy for each other. I am so sorry if I ever made you feel you needed to act this way and I know it must be partially my fault."
5. Change of subject. (aka SEX)
  • Ex."As angry as I am all I want to do is hold you. And leave all of this in the past (insert pet name). 

And there you have it, 
feel free to add your own. 

-Just Another Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment