Friday, September 14, 2012

Reflections

Hello Bloggers,

I am here to apologize to myself and to you. I really dropped the ball these past few months on updating this blog.

Well I have been around Europe and back and my oh my, how my life has changed. I went to London and had the time of my life. I was living in the city again, on my own, working in a theater, and surrounded by history, art, and culture. My life was perfect. I did however have one thing on my mind and that was my British Boy back home. As I took my time to discover everything I could I realized that though seeing the world on my own was something I had always wanted to do, it wasn't much fun doing it alone.

I think God was playing a little trick on me this April fools day. I was all set and happy being alone. I was ready to begin my journey and have my very own eat, pray, love year. However, as fate would have it, as soon as you stop looking for a relationship, one will find you. I never intended to get tied up with this boy, I honestly thought it would make for a great blog, but this one could not be ignored.

I have never met anyone so kind, thoughtful, and amazing as my Prince. It sounds totally cheesy and I hate myself for being so taken by him. He really is just what I needed to put my man hating aside and possibly let myself fall again. I am so scared that this is all happening so fast, but in a way it feels natural. This is the first time I have felt like I am not competing for power. This is the first time that a man has told me that he will catch me. Am I naiive in hoping that this time...those words are still too scary to publish.

A month into my journey abroad I realized how often I thought of him, how much I wanted him there, and how frequently "Love" formed on my lips. I was falling in love. I am in love.

I traveled to Ireland, Paris, Barcelona, and Rome and I took every opportunity to put my loneliness aside and bask in the beauty that I had made it this far. I was overwhelmed with beauty and the thought of how many miles from home I was. It was just what I needed and an affirmation to go on. I learned a new side of myself and gained a whole new sense or worldly priorities. Love, Family, and Knowledge.  Now reign at the top of my list.


Now I am home and my time abroad is slowly slipping away. It seems more like a dream and I desperately cling to the person I discovered. However, bills and freedom loom over me. I have yet to find happiness here in Dallas. I want to be doing something worthwhile, but I am serving tables. I need to help my parents, I need to get out of this house, I have loans to pay back, and credit cards to pay back. Reality is smacking me in the face, but yet I just want to cling on to my memories.

I do however have the most amazing family, friends, and boyfriend to pull me through. Apparently its normal to go through a bit of a rough patch when realizing that my degrees can't be put to good use just yet. I know now though that if you want something bad enough, you will achieve it.

So that's a snip it of my life at the moment. I will do my best to keep up with this blog. I shall not let you down haha.

Until next time,
JAG

No comments:

Post a Comment