Monday, April 9, 2012

Heating Up Dallas

Miami heat...try Texas heat. Just when I was about to think that my sex life could not be more frigid and similar to the frozen tundra, Texas turns its attention to a potential heat wave. Finally something to spice up my bland new life!

Okay, first things first. About a week ago while I was serving tables a young gentleman asked me for a margarita, being the responsible server that I am I politely asked "Sir may I see your I.D? " He proceeded to produce his card and as luck would have it, he was definitely not from around these parts. In fact he was from London!!! I am pretty sure my heart skipped a beat as I realized his sexy British accent and the fact that he was of age to consume liquor (one of my rules for dating... no one under the age of 21 please.) I of course couldn't contain my awkwardness for long and ended up rambling about my upcoming trip to London and that he was only living down the street from where I would be. After an agonizing shift of dropping beer bottles and screwing up orders I just decided to go for it and be super unprofessional by giving his host family my email so that I could talk more to him about London and possibly have a local as a friend. I didn't expect much to come out of this interaction, after all I was gross and sweaty, smelling of fajitas, and covered in food. Days went by and I hadn't heard a word so I decided to move past the embarrassment I felt for most likely making an idiot of myself to a table I barely knew.
A week later I am surprised however to have an email from an unfamiliar address. My British boy had indeed emailed me, and if I was reading his email correctly, being quite the flirt. We began talking and haven't stopped since. Turns out he is coaching soccer here in Texas and wouldn't mind a tour guide here as well. Digits have been exchanged and I am expecting a date this Thursday night with him. More to come...


In other news I did one of my don'ts, so this could be quite complicated. Yesterday night after having an awful Easter I decided to join one of my co-workers for a drink after work. This particular co-worker has never really showed any interest in me, so I didn't think much of it. I arrived late after having a long lecture delivered by my parent's about my poor attitude as of late (however that is another story). He was a few drinks in by this point and the gracious bartender had just delivered me a lethal vodka cran. My co-worker was friendly as always and we chatted about work and music, but as the night wore on his friendly attitude began to cross the lines of just friends. I might also want to mention that he had a few of his buddies there as well. It is time to leave and we are being ushered out by the bar staff when right in front of everyone he asks me for a kiss goodnight. Being the lady that I am I shake my head and say "Oh __________, never ask a lady in front of all these people. Too much pressure and I am sorry but my friend you are wasted." Of course I get the catcalls from his friends because I didn't kiss him. I try to shut them up by giving him a kiss on the cheek and urging him to go home and get some rest, but he plants a kiss right on my mouth. Never ever mix business with pleasure is what I always preach, but clearly I failed. Lets hope tonight isn't too awkward at work...

Also follow me on twitter!!!

@MovingOnStory

No comments:

Post a Comment