Monday, September 19, 2011

Dear Members of the Male Gender

I have a bone to pick with certain members of the male gender. No this is not a feminist rant, but rather a plea to the males in my life who somehow feel the need to express their power over me. (Okay that does sound a bit feminist.)

1. When I am having sex with someone and or giving/receiving sexual pleasures DO NOT act all high and mighty as though you did me a favor. Sex is a mutual and consensual act (at least in most cases) and it is not my duty to either A. Satisfy your needs or B. Repay you for "giving" me the "orgasm of my life", which by the way it was not so please get over yourself.  Let's just simply leave it as "it was good for me and it was good for you". We both got what we wanted and we can both pat ourselves on the back for a job well done.

2. This recently just happened as early as last night, but I disclosed to a potential beau that I am a writer and that I manage my own relationship/sex blog. In which he retorted that he better not wind up on the blog. Too bad, you already did. If you want to get to know me and be in my life you are going to be subject to my writings. I am however very gracious in not naming names and keeping my identity secret to the general public. I'm not going to abuse my powers, but I certainly will not censor myself for anyone.

3. In relation to this blog, men somehow come to think that because I run my own relationship SEX blog that obviously that means that I am just parading my body out there to gain material for this site. The answer is NO. This is not a blog in which my aim is to screw as many men out there as I can in hopes of creating a public documentation of my sexual exploits. I explained to one gentleman that it is more or less about being single and in the dating jungle that is Minneapolis, in which he responded "Oh well I'm looking for a relationship, so does this mean that you want to be single?" NO! This does not mean that at all. In fact it has no underlying message about my wants and desires. I am a happy single woman and I enjoy meeting new people, but I AM NOT a relationship hater or a scorned woman by any means! So in short...no I am not a harlot and no I am not a woman resigned to being single. I am just a writer.

4. Do not suppose that I aim to please you. Though every guy or girl would probably love someone to come home to. I am not about to go out of my way to make you like me. If we go on a date and it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. It is that simple. I will not conform to your wishes and or hide who I really am to make myself more appealing to you. This is not some feminist movement in which I stick it to the man by not shaving my legs, but rather me being honest with you by not saying I love to work out when I truly abhor it.

Things you should know:
1. I am awkward and no I will not apologize for it.
2. I hate hipsters and I am not a huge fan of listening to hippy music and going to first ave.
3. I don't work out for fun. It's not fun. I would rather lay in bed and read a good book.
4. I hate eating healthy. Luckily I have been blessed with a high metabolism.
5. I love sweatpants and flats. I will not wear some sexy yoga pant and or high heels to make you like me more.
6. I hate romantic comedies. Please do not take me to one.
7. I do not like experimental theater. And no watching it does not make you more intelligent, it just makes you look like a snob.
8. I love listening to Pop music such as Ke$ha and old school Britney. So sue me.
9. I hate people that use big words in order to sound more intelligent. Please speak common English that the masses can understand. This also makes you look like a snob.
10. I hate the jersey shore show. They literally make me ashamed to be human.

One note to men out there please don't try to impress me with your use of big words, knowledge of indie bands, or the number of times you work out each week. (unless it really is what makes you, you) All it does is send an aroma of desperation to be cool and liked my way. I am in no mood to deal with your neediness.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, there is so much in this that I actually was writing about like 2 years ago. The worst is guys talking about going to "shows". Like they can name drop or some shit. Once, I had a hipster lean over to me on the bus and ask if he knew me. He was like, "Yeah, didn't you go to a show like a couple weeks ago?" What the hell kind of line is that?! No worries though, there's always plenty of frogs before a prince!

    ReplyDelete