Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pleasant Surprises

Today was my coffee date with Rx (Mr. Medicine's new and official name). As I trudged myself out of bed, which was very difficult due to the massive amount of NyQuil I had digested the night before, I debated just leaving the poor guy at the coffee shop and sink back into my bed. But my morals brought me to the shower and I begrudgingly began my day as usual. We were set to meet at 9:30am at a coffee shop near my house. I must admit I was thankful for the opportunity to start my morning with some caffeine that would hopefully lead to a productive day. But as the hour neared I received several texts from Rx stating that he would be running late and asking me if I wouldn't mind pushing it back to 10 am. I reluctantly said yes and patiently waited for what I thought was going to be an awkward and uncomfortable first meeting and hopefully my last.

Yes I know it's terrible but I was kind of hoping that this date would lead to me ruling out his potential in the race for my heart. However as I sat alone at one of the tables inside the coffee house Mr. Rx finally made his appearance. He was cute definitely the blonde hair blue eyed type. He had on tennis attire and walked with an air of confidence. He clearly knew he was good looking and knew he was a catch. As we began to talk however he seemed humble and very down to earth. He was easy to talk to and had a very benevolent way of speaking. This was so different from the man I had been texting this past week. Mr. Rx over text seemed so overbearing, controlling, and abrasive. Where was he? Then it occurred to me... maybe the problem was me. Have I truly been over analyzing everything? Maybe there is some hidden vendetta I hide in my heart against good looking men, built on terrible high school experiences of being referred to as a freak or a geek. I guess I always associate prettiness to pettiness and now that I have grown and possibly joined their ranks I still carry with me that girl in High School that never really got asked to a dance, never had a boyfriend, or a first kiss. Maybe I'm still the girl eating lunch alone in the music hallway wondering why the guy that I pined for could never like me back.

Mary Jane once said that maybe I am just more secure with the average Joe, the guys that are deemed "Hot" intimidate me too much that I build a wall around me and shut them out. I really need to shed this thick skin I grew to protect myself. I'm not that girl anymore and this isn't junior high or high school. Anyways moving on, I am very glad I gave Rx a fighting chance and it ended up being much much better than I had expected. I am still holding some reservations, but I won't count him out quite yet.

In other news I have date number two tomorrow night. I have been talking to him for quite sometime and we seem to have a lot in common. I think I'll name him Spielberg, after all he is a film maker. He seems very sweet and promising. With all these men what's a girl to do? Enjoy the free drinks duh.

Until Next Time,

Just Another Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment