Monday, October 24, 2011

Hot for a Hipster??

My oh my, have I got a thing for a new boy in my life. Well not so much new, but finally after months of finding him attractive and seeing him at parties, I finally made my move. He is the one, if you remember, that flaked on me last week. (view strange encounters)  Well, he finally followed through and we went out for a late night bite to eat at The Herkimer. I think he was a tad bit nervous, or at least not used to actually going out on dates, because he invited his roomie along to act as a buffer. After an hour or so on our date his roommate made his exit and allowed us to be alone. Nothing happened, but it was nice to finally be alone with the hipster and get to know him in a more sober setting.

I don't know if I would say he is relationship material, but he is certainly delicious and nice to look at. He is older than me, has a good job, seems to have a good sense of who he is, and has a good group of friends. I'm really attracted to him, even if it does end up being just a fling. I'm not about to cut him out of the running for a relationship, but I figure if something happens sweet, if not that's cool too. I don't want to feel like its work and I think he feels the exact same way.

Our "formal" date happened on Thursday, but I did get to see him over the weekend as well. I decided that all work and no play was making me a very dull girl. Of course if you're looking for an adventurous night out there is absolutely one person you have to call...Tiger Lily. She happened to want to meet up with a boy she had met a few weeks ago, so we decided to scratch each other's backs.  We ended up meeting her beau first who was pretty cute, however he had his buddy along who apparently had a girlfriend and quite frankly I had hipster on my brain. After convincing the boys to tag along down town so I could meet my hipster we finally made it to Brothers. Tiger Lily found it very funny to match me up with the biggest Bro I had ever seen. To describe this bro for you, I would say he was a mixture between Vanilla Ice and the fist pumping Jersey Shore gang. I begrudgingly danced with him to LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem (Can we get any more cliche?) and sucked down my vodka cran as quick as I could. "Oops, looks like I need a refill" was my exit line and I booked it out of there to find and kill Tiger Lily for her scheming ways.

Finally 1:30 am rolled around and the chance of meeting up with the hipster was looking bleak. Finally my phone got a text from him stating that him and his friends were just down the street at First ave. We made it there relatively quick, however Tiger Lily decided with her heels and dress, a cab was necessary. Her beau was eager to please and shelled out the ridiculous cab fair of five dollars for one city block. It was an interesting night full of cab drivers, one guy even entertained us by showing us pictures of his wife and chastising Tiger Lilly and me for even trying to flirt our way out of a cab fare.

We finally found the hipster (which wasn't too hard considering he is very tall) and all of a sudden I was shy. Vivacious and liquid courage me had disappeared. I decided it was time for me to regroup and catch a breath in the bathroom. He offered to take me upstairs and show me where it was. When exiting I noticed that he was waiting for me. He lightly guided my body towards his and put his arm around me. I took this to be a good sign and slowly began to build up my confidence once more. The bar was beginning to shut down and this was my last chance to make contact with the hipster. We were outside by this time and we were getting prepared to head home. He was holding my hand and about to give me a good bye hug when suddenly I had the balls to say "Don't I get a goodnight kiss?".  He laughed and gave me a quick peck on the lips and invited Tiger Lily and I back to his place. With permission from Tiger Lily, we were off. Luckily he lives only 3 or 4 blocks from my place.

We didn't do much else than kiss, but it was a good night. I walked home with Tiger lily in the wee hours of the morning and that my friends is a whole other blog, so for now...



Until Next Time,

Just Another Girl

P.s. Enjoy hipster Alice!

No comments:

Post a Comment