Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween's tricks and treats

Happy Belated Halloween! I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday and didn't freeze too much running around in those short costumes. I find it absolutely hilarious that the only options for women in the Halloween super stores are slutty versions of cops, nurses, witches, and any thing else you could possibly dream of. Needless to say dressing conservative is out of the question. However, the men's section is much more clever and warmer for the cold October holiday. Anyway, I am not here to rant about the marketing for Halloween today. Instead, sit back and relax as I recap the weekend. The weekend was full of treats and tricks. However the tricks have put a sour taste in my mouth in which I'm hoping some chocolate might help.

On Saturday night I threw a small get together at my apartment. A few people showed up, but sadly it was not exactly the turn out I was hoping for. Tiger Lily joined me after work along with The White Knight and we got into out costumes and headed out into the city. We decided to make it simple and just go to the cheap bro bar known as Brothers. As much as it is trashy, I never cease to have a good time. We met a few friends there along the way and I was introduced to a very cute new boy. The only problem was that I had The White Knight and I wasn't about to ditch him. The White Knight and I were finally getting along and the last thing I needed was to start up drama. I flirted with the new boy but kept my distance out of respect. The funny thing  was that The White Knight encouraged me to dance with the new guy. The only problem was that when I did, The White Knight just sat in a corner and sipped his drink. He wasn't even trying to meet new people and he even had girls trying to talk to him. I gave him the "it's okay" sign, but he just shrugged it off stating that they were only after free drinks.

A tip to men- Use the drink situation to break the ice! Not all of us are cold heartless bitches who are only trying to get a free Rum and Coke.

I felt guilty and ended up blowing off new guy to make sure The White Knight was having a fun night. Later that night we came back to my place and Miss Tiger Lily had found a cute Turkish boy to cuddle with on my couch. (His accent was pretty damn attractive.) Though, this is where my time with The White Knight turned ugly. He was upset that she had brought over another boy and that earlier in the night Tiger Lily had set her sights on a different boy. The thing about Tiger Lily is that she is a single woman and she can do whatever she wants. The Knight turned to me and stated "You would never do that" in which I snorted in laughter and said "I have done that". It's harmless fun and I feel as though women get put on this pedestal that most of us can't live up to. It is unfair and frankly foolish. However the moral of this story is that maybe The White Knight doesn't know me as well as I thought. I can't live up to his image and I certainly don't want to.


And now for the real trick of Halloween weekend. Yesterday I had a scheduled date with the Hipster. I contacted him to see if we were still on and everything seemed fine. The plan was for me and my girlfriends to meet him and his friends at First Ave. We were supposed to leave around 9 pm, so at 8:30 I sent him a text...nothing. An hour rolled around and I still hadn't heard from him, so I called...nothing. Finally I decided to say screw him and go out with just my girls. After all we had spent time getting ready and putting on our costumes. I called up Madison and we headed to the Uptown bars. I met two very nice guys, but failed at kissing them since out of frustration I had consumed one too many drinks. (I did get digits however). Finally at  12:43 AM(!!!!!) The Hipster text messages me, stating that he forgot his phone at home and he was so sorry. "Please don't be mad" he stated, however it was a little too late. I simply text-ed back "I am kinda mad. I am out right now. I got three of my girlfriends to come out and never heard from you." ... No response from the Hipster after that.

I am sorry, but if you are into someone and you know you have plans with them, you keep your phone by you at all times!!! Clearly he is either a dumb ass or avoiding the painful discussion that he's just not that into me.
Spare me the excuses and just be real with me. Don't waste my time, I have plenty of other options.

Sincerely,
Just Another Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment