Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Let's Talk About Sex Baby


Women have always been regarded as the "weaker" sex, governed by impulse, passion, and emotions. But how may I ask does emotion equal that of being weak?

I have possibly spiraled once again into a state of resentment towards men. I see the ways in which they view the world, love, and sex and it does not compute with mine. I am passionate and driven. I wear my emotions on my sleeve and cannot by any circumstance hold my tongue in matters of the heart.

I have succumb to the endless and unanswerable questions of delving into the minds of the other sex.

1. Men will say anything to get in your pants. Therefore how may I trust you and your endless pledges that you love me, think I'm beautiful, and your promises of never breaking my heart? One solution... keep my pants on, however that has never been much fun after awhile.

2. Men's tendencies towards cheating. Now I understand that this does not apply towards all men, however I feel as though the reasons behind cheating for men are much different than women. To this I have no solution considering I am still trying to figure out the reasons for why anyone cheats on someone they love. Perhaps the true answer is that they never really loved you that much in the first place.

3. How men and women view the act of sex. I know that women just as much as men participate in meaningless sex, however I myself have never been able to separate my emotions from sex. To me it is the most personal and intimate act, perhaps I need to chill out and realize its just two people making each other feel good in the moment?

 I do not want to lose my passions, but I'm beginning to think that this is where the term the "weaker" sex comes in, because it is due to my passions that I feel the most pain. I allow myself to trust and to feel with every part of my body.  Allowing myself to be penetrated in more ways then one. As they break through my walls of insecurity, vulnerability, and trust. Their words of love and their conflicting actions wound me. Is sex truly worth the pain and the consequences I might bear? What do men have to lose? Certainly not their dignity and or honor, sex is expected of them. This double standard almost makes me loathe men and sex. Our society has deemed me a whore, while my partner is patted on the back and congratulated.

So here my friends is my feminist rant. Women may have come great strides in the workplace however how far have we really come in the bedroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment