Friday, August 26, 2011

Night on the (Up) Town


Finally an eventful night in my string of disappointment! I'm sure you are glad too! Well sorry to add a new character to the group, but this lady is very important to the story that I am about to unfold. Madison, a long time friend and most likely one of the best wing woman you will meet, decided to take me on the prowl for some of the (as of lately) elusive male species. We began our night with friends and cocktails at Rudolf’s. Tiger Lilly alas could not join in the hunt due to her more grown up obligations, but Madison and I did very well I must say as partners in the dating jungle that is Uptown.

One thing about uptown is that it is a great watering hole for picking up men and numbers. The outdoor patios and relaxed atmosphere make it the perfect place to mix and mingle while still having the privacy of keeping to yourself if you so wish. We began our night trying to lasso a cowboy, but instead we roped in a creeper. He found us a table and our tired legs could not resist. All was fine until he actually started talking... or not talking should I say? The conversation was littered with pregnant pauses and Madison and me wandering our gazes to far more desirable men. Finally enough was enough of his awkward interactions and we made up our alibi to get us the hell out of there. On our way out of the bar who should we meet, but creepers Ex-roomies. Evidently they had chosen to ditch him as well. We chatted with them for quite sometime and it was the perfect combo of good conversation without all of the added romantic pressure. We bid them adieu after awhile knowing that there was plenty of other fish to be had and decided to make our way to Stella’s Fish Cafe.  On the way up the 72 stairs to "Patio heaven" we stumbled upon two army/firefighters. They were good looking fellas, however probably out of my age range. One of the men who had his sights focused on me was showing his buddy from out of state around Minneapolis. They offered us oysters which are supposedly a natural aphrodisiac... yet their powers still have yet to take hold on me. We engaged in a wide array of topics and ended up having a pretty good time. They weren't sleezeballs and they weren't out to get ass, which was refreshing. The man I was talking to made me feel intelligent and valuable, rather than just some piece of meat he was trying to get at.

Eventually we parted ways and Madison and I walked home alone. It was the perfect night. Even though we may not have caught any prey, we did catch a few numbers and honestly the attention was all I was really searching for anyways.

Until Next Time,
Just another Girl (Proving that flirting can be just as fun as taking someone home. )

LATE BREAKING NEWS.........

MEN DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT DO THIS.

Well today Madison had an interesting suprise, Mr. Creeper from cowboy slims decided to show up at her place of work and ask for her phone number. Desperate? I think yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment