Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Weekend of Lame

Pardon me for the delays on my blog, but school and work has preoccupied my mind.

Leaving off from my last blog post, I have to say that for as much as I was ruing the thought of three ex-hook-ups in the same room, the night turned out to be very uneventful. First of all Hometown decided to just pop over on his bicycle, but sadly could not stay for that nights festivities. I then texted the Chilean, but he never responded! (so much for him telling me he was dying to see me). Finally Mr. Tall didn't show up until 12 am in which he brought his girlfriend and we proceeded to grab a drink at the local bar. Tiger Lily accompanied me for moral support, however there was no need since the sausage fest had dissipated. Don't get me wrong, I still had a wonderful night and Mr. Tall's new girl was very sweet and friendly, but I guess I had built it up in my head that more would have happened.

The weekend seemed to follow this trend as I made plans with My White Knight to go out on Saturday. In order to prepare for what was sure to be an epic night I excluded myself from Friday's activities and instead sipped wine while reading Shakespeare with my gay boo, who happens to be The Knights roommate by the way....awkward... I know. Around One A.M. guess who shows up slurring and stumbling, The White Knight!  He drunkenly chatted with us for a bit, not making any sense at all and then passed out in his chambers. I went home (I should win a medal) with the sinking feeling that this was the beginning of the end of my "epic" weekend.

Sure enough Saturday rolled along and  The Knight babbled on and on that he was alas too hungover and sick to go out another night. Figures. So there was my weekend, full of disappointment and no action. My pants stayed on, which I guess is a blessing considering I really should start finding other Knights to occupy my time. Maybe I should even upgrade to a Prince. The nice thing about being single is that your options are endless.

At least I got to catch up on all of my T.V. shows!




No comments:

Post a Comment